awk.word, Lebanon’s first stand-up comedy platform, debuts in London with leading funny lady Nataly Aukar.
*please note, the material of this comedy is intended for 18+ audiences. If any parents or guardians would like to bring minors it is at their own discretion. Neither Marsm nor the comedians take responsibility for potential comedic trauma induced in minors *
A Lebanese born and raised stand-up comic, writer and performer based in NYC, Nataly has toured the world, opening for comedians such as Ramy Youssef (Ramy), Mo Amer (Mo, Black Adam), and Gad El Maleh and was just featured in Netflix’s “Introducing” showcase at the “Netflix is a Joke Festival: in 2022. She also starred alongside the director and actor Hiam Abbas, Nataly and is currently touring her hour-long set “I always hated you,” after debuting the show to a sold out audience at The 2022 New York Comedy Festival.
Mustafa Yasin (opening act)
An exciting new voice in British comedy, Mustafa Yasin is a been a regular on the UK comedy scene since he started performing stand up in the summer of 2018. The same year he was a runner up at the Laughing Horse New Act of the Year competition, winning the Quantum Leopard Champion of Champions award in 2019 and nominated for the prestigious Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year award in 2020. Post pandemic he was named as a finalist for the Stand-Up Club new act competition set to take place in December 2022 and was shortlisted for the BBC New Comedian of the Year award.
Doors open at 7pm, arrive early for free access to a stunning Middle Eastern Calligraphy exhibition at the Brunei Gallery titled ‘The Future of Traditions, Writing Pictures: Contemporary Art from the Middle East‘
– This is a seated show, on a first come first serve basis upon doors opening
– This performance will take place in English. Shows are planned for Arabic stand-up nights in the future.
– The content of this show is intended for 18+ audiences.
– There will be a pop up bar with a small selection of refreshments
– The Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre is fully wheelchair accessible. Please get in touch at email@example.com if you would like us to reserve any places for a wheelchair and if you would like to be accompanied by someone.
– This event is a collaboration between MARSM UK and awk.word